What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- Remember your preferences – for example, language and location settings;
- Personalize your experience – for example, to tailor content and advertisements to your interests and to allow you to share information on social media;
- Analyze how our website and services are used – for example, to track user behavior and to improve our website and services;
- Provide advertising – to deliver personalized advertising content based on your interests.
We use the following types of cookies on our website and in the provision of our services:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. They may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.